Monday, March 28, 2011

overJOYed ABC's

Since I haven't posted anything in a while, I thought I'd join in a little meme that's going around just to keep things going. I have a lot of pics coming, so stay tuned!

The ABC's of overJOYed aka really random things about me :-P

a. Age: 26
b. Bed size: queen
c. Chore you hate: putting away laundry! I'll do laundry. That's fine. Sometimes I'll even fold it and stuff it back into the laundry basket folded, but I dislike putting it away into the closet/dresser. Of all things, right?
d. Dogs: I think they're great, but we'll never have one since the hubs isn't a fan.
e. Essential start to your day: Not sure. Washing my face/brushing my teeth maybe? I'm not one of those with a specific routine that cannot be broken up/moved around in the day. If timing switches up my normal routine a bit, I don't feel like my day is ruined.
f. Favorite color: purple or turquoise blue
g. Gold or Silver: Can I cheat and say white gold? :-P I like them both. My daily jewelry consists of gold earrings (my ears have a metal allergy), white gold wedding rings, silver necklace, and silver bracelet. I don't discriminate. :-)
h. Height: 5'0" plus or minus depending on who's measuring :-P
i. Instruments you play: I kinda sorta play piano, but my voice is by far my most utilized instrument.
j. Job title: Development Associate
k. Kids: none at the moment
l. Live: NorCal South Bay born, raised, and currently residing
m. Mom's name: Rhoda
n. Nicknames: joyjoy, duyduy, joyous, oojoyjoy, ate (not really a nickname), honey bunny
o. Overnight hospital stays: none that I remember
p. Pet peeve: Workout clothes worn as regular outfits (esp wind pants/sweat pants). Sorry, but putting on a pair of jeans is not any harder than putting on a pair of sweat pants. You don't look comfy and casual. To me, you look unkempt and a bit lazy. I don't mean to offend people who love the look (I know people who do, and I still love you!). Just being honest about my biggest pet peeve.
q. Quote from a movie: "You did that yourself." - Obi Wan Kenobi, Star Wars Episode 3. Not my favorite movie quote or even favorite movie for that matter, but I use that quote so often, it had to be mentioned.
r. Right or left handed: I'm a righty. Hubs is a lefty. I like that. :-)
s. Siblings: two brothers--one older, one younger. I'm a middle child and only girl.
t. Time you wake up: I try to wake up at 6am to work out. Mostly, I wake up at 6:45am.
u. Underwear: Not entirely sure what this is asking, but I do own and utilize underwear.
v. Vegetables you dislike: I don't like tomatoes. That's really a fruit, though, so I'll say beets, too, in case the tomatoes-are-fruits-police try to arrest me. Beets taste exactly like how potting soil smells. Blech.
w. What makes you run late: I get distracted easily. If I'm late, that's probably what happened.
x. X-rays you've had: Besides my teeth? I think I had one on my leg when I was 3-4ish. My brother convinced me to jump off a dresser. He said he'd hold my hand. He let go. I twisted my leg. He'll never hear the end of it. :-)
y. Yummy food you make: My favorite thing to make for myself is pasta with lemon garlic sauce. The food I get the most compliments on is Asian noodle salad or Chinese dumplings/pot stickers. My family loves my fruity butter sauce I put on their vegetables.
z. Zoo animal: I don't really have a favorite zoo animal. I think they're all pretty fascinating. Most people associate me with butterflies, but they're not what you normally consider a zoo animal. Koalas tug at my heartstrings. So do manatees.

No comments: