Sunday, October 12, 2008

Finished "Art"

Remember my Fabric Art project? Well, I finally got around to finishing it!

I framed up a set of fat quarters from etsy seller SewGoodFabric. I couldn't find the frames that I had in mind in ready-to-use frames, so I ended up buying some cheap art from Big Lots, taking apart the back of the framing (more work than it sounds like since these frames were not meant to be re-used), removing the art, and using the frames for my fabric. It was a quick project, and in one night I took my little dining area from this



to this!



Not a crazy before and after shot, but I'm happy with the way it looks in person. And I'm so glad that wall isn't blank anymore!

Tools needed:
strong pliers
tape
staples
glass cleaner


Total Cost:
Fat Quarters $9 (inc. shipping)
Frames $20 (inc. one broken frame)

Total $29


No comments: