Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cook's Illustrated Book Tour


 Image from Amazon

If you know me (and as evidenced by the new Overjoyed Eats posts), you know I love to cook and try new things. One of my favorite resources for recipes and equipment reviews is Cook's Illustrated and America's Test Kitchen. I received The New Best Recipe as a gift a few years back, and beyond having great recipes that actually work, I found that it was actually fun to read! You know...if you like reading about experimentation and the reason they chose to take a certain route with a recipe. I happen to like hearing the reasoning behind why I'm using buttermilk instead of regular milk or why certain cakes use oil and some use butter. What can I say? I'm an R&D scientist through and through. :-P

Anyway, all that background to say that I'm super excited that Christopher Kimball will be in the area this month on tour for the new Cook's Illustrated Cookbook! Excited!

 Image taken from America's Test Kitchen book tour email

To see if Chris Kimball or Jack Bishop will be in an area near you, go HERE

As for which event I will be attending, I'm fortunate that there will  be a couple nearby, so I haven't decided for sure which one I'll go to. If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chris will be at Books, Inc in Mountain View on October 20th and at Book Passage in the SF Ferry Building (one of my favorite foodie spots!) on October 21st. Maybe I'll see you there!

No comments: